We answer your most asked questions here.
- Pen and paper (for notes or drawing)
- Drawing paper
- Drawing materials–your choice–we suggest oil pastels
- Acrylic or watercolor paint (a small set will suffice)
- Water for painting
- mixed media for collage (optional)
This training is designed to help you:
1. Understand the role that creativity plays in identifying and growing inner resources for healing.
2. Utilize and practice at least 3 different therapeutic art invitations to help clients identify and grow inner resources for healing and change
3. Utilize and practice at least 3 therapeutic writing techniques to help clients identify and grow inner resources for healing and change.
4. Utilize and practice at least 2 different creative therapeutic activities that connect the client with their physical experience to facilitate integration and healing.
5. Apply safety and support for clients who experience anxiety associated with creative expression.
6. Have first-hand experience of the creative healing techniques during the workshop
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Social Workers: CES, provider #1117, is approved as a Provider for Social Work Continuing Education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/5/15 through 10/5/18. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social Workers participating in this course will receive 12.0 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant continuing education credit for LMHCs/LPCs in the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. LPCs/LMHCs completing the program will receive 12.0 continuing education hours of credit.
Psychologists: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education credit programs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologists receive 12.0 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists: Continuing education credit for Marriage & Family Therapists is awarded in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists will receive 12.0 clinical continuing education clock hours upon completing this program.
Board Certified Art Therapists: ATR-BC’s will receive 12 continuing education credits that meet requirements for ATCB certification renewals in all states.